This is the presentation of Dr Aboubakr Abdeen Badawi of Eygpt made at the CSEND Dialogue Forum in Geneva, July 2008.
The presentation explored how career guidance can support education, training and employment policies that address the the hot economic and social issues faced by Middle East and North African (MENA ) and European countries. The objectives of the presentation were to:
- Shed light on Career Guidance’s links with Human Resource Development
- (HRD) issues in the Middle Eastern and North African region (MENA)
- Discuss the possible role of career guidance in supporting development
- Strategies in the MENA region;
- Define a forward looking role of MENA governments in introducing career guidance
- Identify possible support for such developmental objectives