International Symposium 2011 – Budapest
Australia | Austria | Canada | Croatia | Czech Republic | Cyprus | Denmark | Estonia | Germany | Hungary | India | Ireland | Israel | Kosovo | Latvia | Lebanon | New Zealand | Norway | Poland | Portugal | Russia | Serbia | South Africa | South-Korea | Spain | The Netherlands | Turkey | United Kingdom | United States of America
The organising team
Tibor Bors Borbély-Pecze PhD.
Tibor Kovács, Péter Kustán
Leader of the facilitators:
Organising and assistance:
The Sixth International Symposium on Career Development and Public Policy (IS2011) aimed to build closer dialogues and linkages between career guidance policy makers in the fields of education, employment, economic development and social inclusion, and with strategic professional leaders and researchers.
The four sub-themes for IS2011 were:
- Political, economic and social changes and the changing role of career guidance and career guidance policies.
- Lifelong guidance policy as a part of integrated human resource development policies – challenges and opportunities.
- The changing world and the changing role of career guidance – skills and competencies for lifelong guidance practitioners.
- Evidence-based practice; evidence-based policies.
The symposium was attended by 127 representatives from 31 countries.
Post symposium products
- Communiqué (EN)
- Communiqué (HU)
- Communiqué (FI)
- Reflection note (EN)
- Reflection note (HU)
- Canadian Team Report and Action Plan
- Glossary of LLG terms – EN-HU, HU-EN (Borbély-Kelemen-Répáczki)
- History of the Symposium (EN)
- The development of a lifelong guidance system in Hungary – A. G. Watts & Bors Tibor Borbély-Pecze (pdf version)
- The development of a lifelong guidance system in Hungary – A. G. Watts & Bors Tibor Borbély-Pecze (online version)
- Reports of the international work groups established to follow-up themes: Transformational Technology and Prove It Works