Posted by May 15, 2015
Posted by July 15, 2015
Posted by July 31, 2015
The Role of Emerging Technologies
This sub-theme is looking for ideas on how new and well-established information and communications technologies (ICT) are currently being used in career development projects, policies, or research. We want to know the specifics on what has made the technology helpful, how exactly it’s being utilized, and what hurdles you may have faced. (ICT refers to technologies that provide access to information through telecommunications. It is similar to Information Technology (IT), but focuses primarily on communication technologies. This includes the Internet, wireless networks, cell phones, and other communication mediums.)
Below are a preliminary list of questions that may be used during the group discussions at the symposium:
- How is your country utilizing technology in service delivery and the formatting of guidance services?
- How are you using technology to gather good data?
- What new technologies can be utilized to reach populations that tend to be excluded from career services?
- What are some creative ways specific technologies (mobile, web applications) could be utilized in career policies or programs?
- How are colleges, universities, secondary schools using technology to support smart post-secondary education choices among youth?
- What role are universities playing in making connections between programs of study and potential work opportunities using technology or any other means?
- What innovative programs are being tried (i.e we have a university offering a youth guarantee of work 6 months following graduation); are your programs working? Give evidence.